Community discussions

MikroTik App

Gombeen666
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

LHG 60G Alignment question

Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:33 pm

I am using LHG 60G over 1.6KMs ( V6.49rc2 ) and would like ask what does as in the screenshot, TX Sector 44 on one side of the PTP mean when the other side is TX Sector 0
Also does TX Sector Info indicate which direction(s) to move the antenna ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

millenium7
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: LHG 60G Alignment question

Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:45 am

The alignment information can be very misleading

The best way to align these radio's is to login and type
/int w60g set 0 tx-sector=36
To force it only use the middle of the grid antenna
Then go into alignment mode
/int w60g align 0
And finally run a UDP bandwidth test with direction=both to fully saturate the link

Do all the above on 'both' radio's and look at the rssi and error rate, slowly move the dish (just gently pushing on the edge with your finger will make a big difference at that range). Try and get error rate as low as possible thats the most important thing I found
and use the average rssi to try and tell if you are making things better or worse if you aren't seeing a difference in error rate, but it will drift on its own due to the atmosphere so don't go chasing 0.2db improvements as its well within margin of error

When you think you have them pretty close, set tx-sector=auto again. Now you can use the tx-sector info
It will tell you how to move that radio
I.e. if you are logged into the AP side, then tx-sector info saying left 1 degree means turn that radio (the AP side) left slightly
Eventually you can get both to say center. Slowly tighten and re-adjust as necessary until fully locked down