Community discussions

MikroTik App

devmeista
just joined
Topic Author

Issues accessing config on SXTsq

Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:41 pm

Please let me know if this is the wrong board for this topic.

I just grabbed a pair of SXTsq lite 5 from my uncle that he purchased to use as a link for IS to his cabin back on his farm.

Everything about setup seemed pretty straightforward, but I can 't seem to gain access to config regardless of what I do.

I'm seeing multiple directions for that depending on what source.

Some instructions say the units should function as a dhcp server and to set to automatically receive dhcp. I can't get this to work. The only address I've received is something on the ipv6 side. ipv4 address eventually populates with the automatic address. 169.x.x.x.

I tried the manual side, and I've seen some of these come with either x.x.88.x addresses or x.x.50.x addresses. So, I've configured my IP with both 50.5 and 88.5 with a gateway of 50.1 and 88.1. I can't gain access to the gateway address at either of these.

I've also tried all IP schemes with WinBox, and I can't connect there either.

Throughout these steps I've tried both holding the reset button for 5 seconds with unit on as well as holding the reset for 5 seconds after plugging power in.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or what to try next?

bnbsnive
just joined

Re: Issues accessing config on SXTsq

Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:11 am

Greetings - did you ever resolve your issue? I’m having problems as well and it sounds exactly the same as you’ve encountered. Any tips are appreciated!