Community discussions

MikroTik App

tihovsky
Topic Author

QOS Dynamic simple queue, MAC address list, files & DB

Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:08 pm

Working on some stuff so wanted to check, is there any way in RouterOS to:

- create a dynamic simple queue (dynamic, as in having flag = "D", meaning it doesn't get saved to the flash)?
DHCP static lease creates such queues when "limit" is defined in the lease, but I am not sure if such queues can be created through terminal or a script.
I would need to append MAC address after the name of queue so to have different named queues.

- create static entry in the Firewall IP address list, but assign it with a creation date so to know when script should remove the entry.
I know I can append date into the "Name" field, but that's not really what I am looking for.
If I define time to remove the entry, it automatically becomes dynamic.

- create Firewall/Bridge MAC address list (would be similar to Firewall IP address list but cannot find if this feature exists)

- reference Firewall IP address list from a queue, so to apply queue to all IPs in the Firewall Address List (or MAC address list), similar how firewall rules work already

- work with files on flash drive that are longer than 4K (even if in up to 4K buffered chuncks)

- work with indexed key-value pairs in memory and write DB to flash as necessary (again bigger than 4K)

- export dynamic DHCP leases to a file and import them with original issuing time, duration etc.
Usage would be to replicate Mikrotik DHCP info fully to a redundant Mikrotik DHCP server, both running VRRP.

Thank you!

4lphanumeric

Re: QOS Dynamic simple queue, MAC address list, files & DB

Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:33 am

I think as per https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... e_limiting the only supported way to have dynamic queue is only on a static lease (by making the lease static and setting
/ip dhcp-server lease [n] rate-limit=
which poses unnecessary wear/tear on the NAND flash especially in a high-traffic situation (e.g. coffee shop).

The rate-limit also, afaik, doesn't support HTB/bucket-size (yet).

I'd be happy to be proven wrong tho.