Community discussions

MikroTik App

ekarin
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

RADIUS Attribute (Mikrotik-Rate-Limit) for Wireless AP

Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:32 pm

I have successfully used MikroTik APs (hAP ac2) with my freeRADIUS, meaning that my wireless client devices (mobile phones) has been received the assigned VLAN correctly from my freeRADIUS. However I found the problem with the RADIUS Attribute (Mikrotik-Rate-Limit), e.g. 15M/15M. This attribute works well with the MikroTik hotspot in both upload and download limits but not works with wireless ap (not works the upload limit but works only the download limit) as depicted. The upload limit should work as well.

Is it a bug that needs to be fixed in RouterOS? If not, anyone knows about the solution, please let me know.
Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Re: RADIUS Attribute (Mikrotik-Rate-Limit) for Wireless AP

Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:44 pm

Client-Tx-Limit is only supported when a RouterBOARD is the client. It is up to the client to impose a limit on itself.

ekarin
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Re: RADIUS Attribute (Mikrotik-Rate-Limit) for Wireless AP

Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:43 am

Client-Tx-Limit is only supported when a RouterBOARD is the client. It is up to the client to impose a limit on itself.
Thank you for your reply.
That's interesting! I have never tried to use a RouterBOARD device as a client device to test that RADIUS Attributes. Do you know the reason behind this?
It seems that I have to do the client upload limitation on the MikroTik Queues in the case of non RouterBoard as wireless client e.g Laptop.