Community discussions

MikroTik App

jwmcdowell278
just joined
Topic Author

Metal 52 AC + Map 2ND = Loss of throughput

Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:47 pm

I have a wireless setup which I use for my RV which consists of a Metal 52 AC with a High gain antenna and a Map 2ND. I mount the Metal 52 AC on a pole outside the RV and run a CAT6 cable inside to the Map 2ND. The Metal 52 AC is a wireless client in router mode. The Map 2ND is inside the RV in router mode as well and is acting as an AP. I have tested this setup inside my home with internet speeds of 50M up and down. When I connect the Metal 52 AC directly to my laptop, I get the full 52M throughput. When I connect the Metal 52 AC to the Map 2ND and then connect my laptop through wireless to the Map 2ND my throughput drops to 18M up and down. I have also connected the Map 2ND directly to my router through CAT 6 and in this configuration, when I connect my laptop to the Map 2ND through wireless I get the full 50M up and down. It is only when the Metal and the Map are connected that I see such a reduction in throughput. AM I doing something wrong or is there a specific way to configure these devices for this setup?

Internet <-> (Wireless station mode) Metal 52 AC (CAT 6) <-> (CAT 6) Map 2ND (Wireless AP) <-> (Wireless client) Laptop