Community discussions

MikroTik App

mtik9user
just joined
Topic Author

How to port forward on VLAN public IP

Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:32 pm

Hi All,

I have a MikroTik RB760iGS with single port connected to WAN.

The RouterBoard works great for my multiple server system running behind the NAT.

Recently I bought another IP(v4) from my ISP which I assigned through ip>addresses and NATd some of the ports to a single server and it works great too.

However, later I also purchased three more IP(v4) for my other servers, which when I add through ip>addresses does not see any traffic coming to the server.
The server is setup correctly to serve a webpage and I can connect to the website via local network without any issues.
I have also set up the NAT for the web traffic for that IP and server.

Now, to troubleshoot, I am wanting to know the following:
1. Assuming the Mikrotik configuration is in fault and no traffic is passing though the router, can I still use the Torch tool to check if the ISP has setup the ip's correctly (they told me it is served via a framed IP) by monitoring traffic arriving on that particular IP.
2. Is there any other settings I need to change for multiple WAN ips in a single port via framed routing (my original DHCP ip and second IP are working fine with just adding the IP address in ip>addresses) but none of the new IPs see any traffic.
Last edited by mtik9user on Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

mtik9user
just joined
Topic Author

Re: How to test if traffic coming through public IP

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:03 am

Some more information from the ISP.

It appears the additional IPs are setup through VLAN on a single port.
So, I have added ISP IP address to interface VLAN20.

How do I setup port forwarding from the VLAN ISP IP to local server 10.0.0.170 and vice-versa?

Thanks,