Community discussions

MikroTik App

karlsteinscheisser
just joined
Topic Author

LtAP mini LTE6 kit abandoned?

Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:58 pm

Hi,

we just tried to get some (hundreds) of the LtAP mini LTE6 kit, but the are not listed anymore on the mikrotik hardware list.

Are they EOL?

cheers

hecatae
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: LtAP mini LTE6 kit abandoned?

Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:00 pm

There's nothing to stop you purchasing them individually:

https://mikrotik.com/product/ltap_mini
https://mikrotik.com/product/r11e_lte6

karlsteinscheisser
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:19 am

Self-assembly is not an option, it is to time consuming when shipping a hundreds or more of them, together with our digital signage solution.

karlsteinscheisser
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:22 am

We just wanted to have something like an official statement, whether they are not available anymore.
We are currently running a field test with 20 devices, if they are EOL then we have to look for other devices/vendors.
It does not make sense for us testing legacy devices.
It is strange that the LTE Cat. 4 Kit is still available, while the LTE6 is not.

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:19 pm

LtAP mini LTE6 kit never was released. If manual assembly is not an option to you, then, you need choose LtAP LTE6 kit.

https://mikrotik.com/product/ltap_lte6_kit

Regards.

DJSmiley
just joined

Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:32 am

Also, if they are EOL, any plans for newer models?

Last year, I've replaced my LtAP with a Huawei B818. Massive imporvement in both speed and coverage, especially in rural areas.

CAT4/CAT6 is, in my opinion, not really up-to-date nowadays. Especially the benefits of mimo and more supported channels are a huge benefit. I've been on locations with both modems: With the CAT6 I was just able to get 3Mbit. With the B818 I was able to get about 50Mbit.

For my campervan, I only need LTE and WiFi, so the Huawei does a pretty good job (and is very affordabe since it's sold by some providers as well - I was able to get a used one for 100 EUR)

But for our customers, having something similar, with the benefits of all the RouterOS options is a huge +.
An SXT LTE with a newer LTE cat would be awesome, even if it's double the price of the SXT LTE6

karlsteinscheisser
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:15 am

We switched to´over to a wAP ac LTE6 kit, which has the benefit of a second ethernet board.
Unfortunately it has no GPS, however the wAP ac LTE6 kit seems to be the best option for now.