Community discussions

MikroTik App

Riodda
just joined
Topic Author

Microtik Cloud

Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:30 am

Hi All, i have a super newbie question about Microtik's Cloud, if I buy the cloud licence for my router boad LtAP mini will i be able to access the serial server from the cloud ? With public ip simcards i can (haveing set firewall port and servial server) (Jersey Telecom) but when i use local sims i have private IP therefore i would like to know if trough the cloud is possible.
Thanks !

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Microtik Cloud

Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:35 pm

Currently there are 2 services where mikrotik cloud comes into play:
  1. DDNS: when service is enabled, your router will update DNS name formatted as <routerSN>.sn.myname.net
    If your public IP address is dynamic, this then allows you to have some sort of remote access (either to management of router itself, some service router might offer, such as VPN, or some service behind it).
  2. router configuration saved on the cloud
    AFAIK it is only possible to retreive saved configuration using router with same serial number (I'm not using this service so I don't know how exactly it behaves)

I fear that what you're after is not directly possible with mikrotik cloud.

And, BTW, mikrotik cloud service is free for all Mikrotik device owners, no extra license is needed.