Community discussions

MikroTik App

bernystapleton
just joined
Topic Author

Chateau 5G and not getting data

Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:48 pm

Hey Everyone,

I've just started with a Chateau 5G and it looks like I'm sending data, but getting nothing back and I don't understand why. I'm not a complete newbie on Mikrotik, I've used and deployed 3011 and 4011 before.

I've added an APN and I've got signal and an IP address, I've tried looking at all my NAT settings, but the default ones *should* work, and I've compared them to my 4011, which does work and that looks fine.

Looking at the interface statistics, I'm seeing TX, but I'm seeing no RX. I've tried putting the SIM into my phone and it works perfectly, I've made sure that I've copied the APN settings from my phone and all that's correct.

I'm obviously missing something, I've just absolutely no idea what it is....

bernystapleton
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Chateau 5G and not getting data

Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:12 am

For anyone interested, turns out it was the SIM I was using. There was restrictions on the SIM where it was device limited to mobile phones only, not allowed to be used in a router... Vodafone UK PAYG plans are device restricted.
Last edited by bernystapleton on Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seán
just joined

Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:57 pm

With an Irish Vodafone prepay phone SIM, "Use Network APN" needs to be disabled for it to work properly. It's worth trying to see if this also works for Vodafone UK PAYG:

Winbox -> Interfaces -> LTE tab -> LTE APNs button -> Double-click "defaullt" (or the Vodafone entry):
Vodafone APN MikroTik.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sevo77
just joined

Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:04 pm

That works as a charm on Vodafon SIM