Community discussions

MikroTik App

Skylin3
just joined
Topic Author

WAN rates doesnt equal LAN rates, is my output traffic dropping?

Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:00 am

Mikrotik hapac2, 6.49
Turned on WAN port, bridge and only one LAN port.
Firewall - default.
Application on PC from LAN 1 sending and receiving about 130 packets per second. Protocol - UDP. Packet size - typically 1188 bytes + splitted part (about 100 bytes) and need to be assembled by application.
Packet and data rates from WAN doesnt equal rates from bridge and LAN port.
Can I lose outgoing traffic (maybe splitted parts of packets) somewhere in router? Sorry for bad English.
Screenshot.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: WAN rates doesnt equal LAN rates, is my output traffic dropping?  [SOLVED]

Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:39 pm

Traffic data for LAN bridge and lan interface very likely includes communication with winbox.

Of course there is always possibility to loose packets (any protocol, that includes both UDP and TCP) on any device (either router or switch) if egress interface gets congested. Not very likely for LAN (bridge and interface) in your case as traffic rarely exceeds 1Mbps. Whether that holds true for WAN side depends on performance limits of that interface.

And remember: traffic received on WAN interface is transmitted on LAN side and vice versa.

Skylin3
just joined
Topic Author

Re: WAN rates doesnt equal LAN rates, is my output traffic dropping?

Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:10 pm

Traffic data for LAN bridge and lan interface very likely includes communication with winbox.
Ah, of course. Forgot about it. Thanks