Community discussions

MikroTik App

upower3
Topic Author

Winbox session drop on BGP feed import?

Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:17 pm

As I try to setup BGP session with decent number of prefixes I see constant winbox sessions drop. So, as I try to setup 2-3 full view feeds import (with 2-3 ISPs) I can close winbox window for long minutes.

This is the same for CHRs or hardware routers (like 1200's).

Can I fix that as I hate to relogin every several seconds (!!)

Splash
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Winbox session drop on BGP feed import?

Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:34 am

This is due to the CPU peaking at 100% on the same core and the management process (winbox) causing Winbox to timeout.

You will need to re-login with Winbox or try a SSH session instead.

upower3
Topic Author

Re: Winbox session drop on BGP feed import?

Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:38 am

This is due to the CPU peaking at 100% on the same core and the management process (winbox) causing Winbox to timeout.

You will need to re-login with Winbox or try a SSH session instead.
Yes that was my guess for the logoff reason, but the problem is, during massive BGP feed import I can relogin 10s of times and each time I got logoff right in 2-3 seconds. This is weird both for admin purposes (I can not see what's on on the router during minutes depending on feed import speed), and as an attack surface, as if someone is able to maintain 100% CPU level for minutes and keep admin off the device the he can control the network stability.

I do hope to 7.1 to keep up this but really wonder if I can limit BGP process to use less that 100% CPU or any other way to see my device all the time.