Community discussions

MikroTik App

MikroNooob
just joined
Topic Author

Bonding Setup hAP Mini RB294-2ND

Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:53 pm

Hi

Please bare with me, I'm a total newbie when it comes to this. I know just enough about networking to get by.

I have 2 ISP's in my office. Each ISP has it's own internal network. One network for Primary, and one network for backup. So each ISP has a router in my building broadcasting different SSID. Each also has separate internal IP Range that it gives to clients by DHCP. ISP1 Router has SSID called Main with IP 192.168.1.1/24 and DHCP Range 100 - 200. ISP Router 2 has SSID called Backup with IP 192.168.10.1/24 with IP range 100 - 200.

I have a few notebooks that connect to ISP 1 or 2 router through Wifi. Connected to both ISP Routers I also have a IP PABX. The IP PABX has a LAN and WAN port. The LAN port is connected by cable to a Wifi extender that connects wireless to ISP 1 Router SSID. The WAN port is connected to ISP 2 Router with a cable. The LAN port is set as the primary port. I have a lot of problems where ISP 1 goes offline, so my IP PABX loses connection to Cloud SIP Server. I have to then do manual switch over to make WAN port the primary port so i can use phones again.

I have a hAP mini which from what I can read on the internet will let me set up bonding where both networks are connected to hAP as well as IP PABX, but if one of the ISP goes offline the hAP will route traffic automatically to the other ISP. I have no idea how to setup this feature. It can be either to connect hAP to ISP 1 with wifi and ISP 2 with cable through "Internet" port, and create a bond on the WLAN and Port 1, or connect it to ISP1 with cable on "Internet" port, and ISP 2 with LAN port 2, and create bond between LAN port 1 and 2 with Wifi Disabled. The IP PABX will be connected to LAN port 3.

I need ISP 1 and 2 networks to remain separate and routers must still have own subnets with DHCP. The IP PABX will have a static IP that matches ISP 1 range. The hAP must not do any IP Address asignment. Maybe even if PABX and phones can have their own subnet that would also be great.

Can somebody please help me with this configuration, or make a suggestion of how i can set it up so I dont have down time on phones and have to switch over to ISP 2 manually. I have looked on the internet and tried many settings but just cant get this right.

thank you in advance