Community discussions

MikroTik App

tom65
Topic Author

Romon discover

Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:32 pm

Hi all,
I need to retrieve results from /tools/romon/discover with my python mikrotik api but as I understand, only print/getall is possible.

Other option in lieu of api I thought to commit output of /tools/romon/discover into a file.

I need to build an inventory of all mikrotik devices behind the vpn connected routers of my vpn server for management/upgrade purposes.

All the mikrotiks have romon turned on.

Someone with an idea?

Jotne
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Romon discover

Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:05 pm

Not directly a reply to your question, but I do use syslog to send out all neighbor a device find and then make a table of it.

neigbhor.jpg
Se my signature for more info.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tom65
Topic Author

Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:23 pm

Not directly a reply to your question, but I do use syslog to send out all neighbor a device find and then make a table of it.

neigbhor.jpg

Se my signature for more info.
Thanks for the reply. I like the presentation on your picture. Sadly I need romon since I have layer 3 between devices and cannot thus use "neighbors" since it only supports layer 2.
I have about 250+ vpn connected routers to my VPN server CHR. Behind these VPN connected routers, I have a stack of routers/switches/APs that I would like to discover and ultimately manage through python mikrotik_API. I thought, if I cannot get the romon discovery hosts by API, I could at least write them to a file and retrieve and build them in a list to build my list.

Jotne
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:55 pm

If I can get output of "/tools romon discover" in to an variable (seem to not be possible), you can send it using syslog and get same graph as neighbors.
Last edited by Jotne on Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

tom65
Topic Author

Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:57 am

If I can get output of "/tools romon discover" in to an variable (seem to not be possible), you can it using syslog and get same graph as neighbors.
Ahh, thanks. You gave me an idea. I will try to put it to local log file and just filter for that.