Community discussions

MikroTik App

avggeek
Topic Author

Specify interface metric in DHCP options(?)

Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:59 am

Hello,

This might seem like a bit of an odd question but at this point, I can't think of many other options. The situation is as follows:

• I have a NAS client which is connected to my Mikrotik router via two bonded interfaces - bond0 and bond1. The NAS is running TrueNAS SCALE
  • Each bonded interface gets an IP in a different subnet via VLANs. Each bonded interface is connected to different physical interfaces - a 1Gbe interface and a 10Gbe interface.
  • Thus the machine has two interfaces with a default route (0.0.0.0./0) with different Gateway IP but the same priority.
  • Generally in Linux, one can ensure having traffic go on a preferred interface by setting the "metric" for an interface either in the interfaces file or network.d/*.conf or netplan. This does not apply to TrueNAS SCALE and TrueNAS SCALE does not provide an option via the CLI or UI to specify the interface metric.
  • If using a Linux dhcpd server, one can specify the interface metric for a host in the host stanza.

Is there any option for a static lease in Mikrotik that I can set to force the interface metric?