MikroTik App

fragtion
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Advice on connection marking

Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:09 am

Hi

My home setup currently consists of a MikroTik hAP which dials up two pppoe sessions and does policy based routing (i connection-mark incoming to_ros and forward to_lans) and mark routing to separate tables so that both wan interfaces are accessible from the internet regardless of default route on main table

Now I want to implement QoS with queue tree for different protocols using this great guide: viewtopic.php?t=73214

My problem/question relates to the connection marking stage. Because it's only possible to mark connection once, it seems like I would need two separate routers in order to implement both of these solutions at once?

What's the suggested approach in such a scenario? Two routers, or adapting the qos mangle rules to work with existing connection marking from the policy based routing?

And assuming I do upgrade to a faster router like 4011, will the same answer also still apply?

Thanks

Edit: Ok just sharing my solution if anyone runs into the same issue. Basically I just removed all the packet marks from the QOS script and changed the QOS connection marks into packet marks instead (because the connections are already marked so the "qos connection marks" are not needed since QOS looks at the packet marks)