Community discussions

MikroTik App

Pericles
just joined
Topic Author

separate circuit

Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:15 pm

Hi,
I have 2 circuits supplied fiber with 2 Vlans and I would like to know how to make each one leave by separate interface. Example: I have a circuit with vlan1234 and another with vlan 5678 with different ips. I want to separate networks because it has different bandwidth.

Please guys help me

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: separate circuit

Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:18 pm

If I understand you right, which may well not be the case, you need a bridge or switch with vlan filtering functionality, with three ports - a trunk one where both VLANs are permitted tagged, and two access ones, one for each VLAN. Or maybe you want the VLANs to remain tagged on their dedicated ports, but only one VLAN allowed at each port, which is still possible.

Is that what you really need? If not, try to explain your requirements using different words, and give us more context - maybe you actually just want to apply different QoS rules per each "circuit" on the same router? If so, simply use the two /interface vlan as the root parents of queues in /queue tree.

Pericles
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:07 pm

hi,
"if I understand you right, which may well not be the case, you need a bridge or switch with vlan filtering functionality, with three ports - a trunk one where both VLANs are permitted tagged, and two access ones, one for each VLAN. Or maybe you want the VLANs to remain tagged on their dedicated ports, but only one VLAN allowed at each port, which is still possible."

this is the configuration i need to do

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:19 pm

/interface bridge add name=br-athens protocol-mode=none vlan-filtering=yes pvid=1

/interface bridge vlan
add bridge=br-athens vlan-ids=1234 tagged=ether1
add bridge=br-athens vlan-ids=5678 tagged=ether1

/interface bridge port
add bridge=br-athens interface=ether1 pvid=1
add bridge=br-athens interface=ether2 pvid=1234
add bridge=br-athens interface=ether3 pvid=5678

Pericles
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:50 am

hi,
in this case i have to create just one Bridge

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:12 pm

It depends on what else you want from the device providing this functionality. Any Mikrotik device with at least three Ethernet interfaces can do this using a software bridge, but it may become a bottleneck - you haven't stated the actual bandwidth of the two "circuits". If you want that to be done on wire speed, you need a device with a switch chip supporting VLAN processing, i.e. at least hAP ac2. And then another question is whether you need multiple isolated bridges - only some CRS devices support multiple bridges with hardware forwarding using a switch chip. On most devices, the switch chips are simpler and only one of the bridges can be fully integrated with the switch chip, the rest are pure software ones. On the other hand, the CPU of some models is so powerful that they can bridge 2 Gbit/s in software, but that would probably not be an efficient solution for your case.

So again, without knowing the complete concept, it is hard to give a better advice.

Pericles
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:14 pm

hi,
in this case i have to create just one Bridge

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:19 pm