Community discussions

MikroTik App

GruffaloNE
just joined
Topic Author

Chateau 5 G Router and VOIP

Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:52 pm

Hi - Recently we purchased a Chateau 5G router for a client opening a small office with 3 x laptops and 3 x VOIP phones. The internet connectivity for the laptops is absolutely brilliant and works a treat however I am having some weird problems with the phones. I configured the 3 x hosted telephony handsets and they connected to the remote provisioning server and every worked great for 36 hours. The client then decided to move the router and turned it off to move it. when the router restarted the phones did not come "alive" as should be expected. I've been to site today and 1 of the phones works a treat and the other simply wouldn't connect to the remote provisioning server. It almost felt like the router could only handle 1 x SIP device at a time. The very strange thing was after a while the 2nd phone started working correctly however I get the feeling this might not be for too long! For reference we changed all cabling, switches, plugged the non working phone into the same port etc. etc and all the normal trouble shooting procedures with no faults found. Also for reference and before people start suggesting to disable SIP ALG, in a mobile data environment SIP ALG must be enabled.

One thing my supplier reported seeing when they checked the registrations of the phones was that periodically it seems the phones were reporting 2 x different public IP's, not sure or relevant or not.

I normally sell very cheap TP -Link 4 G Routers and they work very well for VOIP over 4G. Does anyone have any experience of the Chateau 5 G router while using VOIP?

Any help or advice will be appreciated.

Marcus

ConnyMercier
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Chateau 5 G Router and VOIP

Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:31 pm

Can you please post the config of the Mikrotik device
(/export hide-sensitive file=anynameyouwish)

GruffaloNE
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Chateau 5 G Router and VOIP

Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:48 pm

Hi Conny,

Thanks for the reply. I will be going back to site next week and export the above. Its extremely frustrating as 1 x phone works perfectly!

Marcus