Community discussions

MikroTik App

darksideofme
just joined
Topic Author

Interface Enabler If Specific Interface get Disabled (ViceVersa)

Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:54 pm

Hi guys

i have to set 4 vpns to my router to be sure my customers vpn are connected all the time without any disconnection.

this is my plan

Ether1: the modem cable connection that provides the internet for router (input)
Ether2,3,4,wlan1 = are output interfaces that provides the connnection through the vpn profiles
VPN1: Vpn client1 (default route = 1)
VPN2: Vpn client2 (default route = 2)
VPN3: Vpn client3 (default route = 3)
VPN4: Vpn client4 (default route = 4)

IP > DHCP Client > ether1 (default route = 5)
DHCP Servers > ether 2 - 3 - 4 - Wlan1
DNS - Allow Remore Request - 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Firewall > NAT > VPN Profiles

i did a setup for all interfaces and it works, it recieves internet from ether1 port, vpns are getting connected and ether2,3,4,wlan1 interfaces are getting works.
defined the default routs to vpns from 1 to 4 and value 5 for ether1 to ensure the priority for output ports are for vpn connection related to their interface name numbersand the final is for ether1.
the ether1 is not listed to nat firewall settings to prevent ether1 ip leakage. (kill switch thing)

now my problemm is that vpn2, vpn 3 and vpn 4 have very high pings.
i've checked the vpn server logs and found the probelm is vpn 2 is trying to connect through the vpn1 connection and vpn3 is trying to connect through the vpn2 and .... it cause very high pings and unstable connection.

to solve this problem i have to run script to check if vpn1 interface is connected then other vpn services should be disable and this script runs automatically all time. (no scheduller)
and repeat this scenario for all 4 vpns.
if vpn1=enabled then vpn2,vpn3,vpn4=disabled
if vpn1 disconnected then vpn2 must be enable
if vpn1 and vpn 2 are disconnected then vpn 3 must be e nable
if vpn 1 2 3 are disconnected then vpn 4 must be enable.
or define the route for every vpn services, that defines every vpn input connection from ether1 interface (i don't know how to do that.)

thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english.
best regards