Community discussions

MikroTik App

trekus
just joined
Topic Author

STX LTE for dummies

Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:02 pm

Hello All,
A couple of months ago I purchased a RBSXTR&R11e-LTE-US kit with the idea that I would be able to it for household.broadband internet. In theory I would configure my kit to look like one of my old Samsung Galaxy S 8 phone. I'd swap out my Visible SIM (unlimited, talk, text, data and mobile hot spot) into the kit and be off to the races. I didn't go into this blindly, I did some research and mined a number of forums to get a sense that this was doable. What I've concluded is that it probably is doable but there's way too much noise over the ethics,morality, and supposed legality of why it can't be done. After that, for those of us not having deep technical backgrounds, the technical discussions are enough to make a person's head explode.

Now that's not to say that I haven't achieved success in configuring the kit for Visible internet. I have, however the speed leaves much to be desired. Sure there are limits with the CAT4 card, but given my clear line of sight over water to the cell site I should be seeing at least double digits for up and down.

Surely some brilliant mind among all in this forum has figured it out. If you have, I and scores if not hundreds or thousands of others, would love to have step by step dummies version of how to do it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.