Community discussions

MikroTik App

carebus
just joined
Topic Author

An issue with vpn server binding

Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:23 pm

Hello,
I have an cloud router with a role of sstp server and a few distant hardware (mikrotik's) that connect to it.
I use my cloud router like a hub for connections thru sstp tunnels to reach distant hardware, couse of my distant's do not have real ip addresses.
I had to use sstp server binding at PPP for maintain constant routes, and bigger part of time all work nice, but ... If a connection drop for a small amount of time (1 sec. for example) new sstp tunnel up faster then old server binding state freeds, so i have new dynamic connection and my sstp bind still free.

Is there any way to restrict dynamic connection to sstp sever and let to use only sstp bind's ?
thx

*i know about "keep alive timeout" but have not sure that it can help me in any possible situation.

tdw
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: An issue with vpn server binding

Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:56 pm

If a connection drops and reconnects before the session timeout expires you will end up with a dynamic interface as the static server binding was in use.

Setting only-one=yes in the PPP profile will force the old session to close when a new session is created and avoid this.

carebus
just joined
Topic Author

Re: An issue with vpn server binding

Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:21 pm

Yea. thx. that's exactly what i need.
i vaguely remember that sometime seen this attribute, but didn't find it with a quick look.