hap ac3 can't reset

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:27 am

please help me i am a noob.
can't reset my hap ac3 and this is a new router
already tried:
-30 30 reset
-reset after plug the power source after 2 to 3 blink in the front LED
-in netinstall it will not appear and i got just one mikrotik router
I like to reset it because i cant get into the interface of the router even in browser and using windox.
i already change my IP to 192,168.88.1 subnet 255.255.255.0

aesmith
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: hap ac3 can't reset

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:54 pm

192.168.88.1 /24 is the default address the router gives to itself. So for you to talk to it, you need to give your PC a different address on the same subnet. Or, in fact leave the PC on DHCP and it should be given an address by the Mikrotik.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:14 pm

30 30 reset
Read Mikrotik documentation, not some wild generic guesses from the internet: https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/pages/vi ... andJumpers
Should work if this a new device. (If 2nd hand, "routerboot protection" could have been set, preventing "reset".)
Don't use port ether1 labeled "internet". Normally this is configured as WAN port and firewall protected for incoming traffic.
Is the default "Mikrotik" SSID wifi visible? Good indication that the default configuration is active. Managing via this wifi is possible.
On the other ethernet ports try Winbox with "Neighbors", and MAC address connect, to bypass any IP-setting.

Doronext
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:14 pm

192.168.88.1 /24 is the default address the router gives to itself. So for you to talk to it, you need to give your PC a different address on the same subnet. Or, in fact leave the PC on DHCP and it should be given an address by the Mikrotik.
forgot to mention this but tried it on my first reset. I leave my laptop to obtain automatic IP from the router

Doronext
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:18 pm

30 30 reset
Read Mikrotik documentation, not some wild generic guesses from the internet: https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/pages/vi ... andJumpers
Should work if this a new device. (If 2nd hand, "routerboot protection" could have been set, preventing "reset".)
Don't use port ether1 labeled "internet". Normally this is configured as WAN port and firewall protected for incoming traffic.
Is the default "Mikrotik" SSID wifi visible? Good indication that the default configuration is active. Managing via this wifi is possible.
On the other ethernet ports try Winbox with "Neighbors", and MAC address connect, to bypass any IP-setting.
As I have said Sir. this is a new router and manage to read the manual even in a tiny letter's without a magnifier. All of the way's to reset and even on Netinstall is not helping.
As of the WAN port i always used 2 3 4 for the laptop connection. never used a internet port or for this router the POE In port and also did not use the POE out port.
As of the Wifi if never appear on my network and also on my phone when I check.

Just wondering if somehow the retailer of this router test this and accidentally put this on "routerboot protection" how can I fix this if's that the case?

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:41 am

Just wondering if somehow the retailer of this router test this and accidentally put this on "routerboot protection" how can I fix this if's that the case?

Don't think a retailer would put on "routerboot protection". It is very hard to break that protection (even strong enough as lock-in (by ISP or randsomeware hackers))

But no wifi at all ? That sounds like a bricked or broken unit. "Dead on arrival" . So uncommon that I listed what you could have been doning wrong. Apparently this is not the case.
Don't know what you see as wifi when you eventually entered CAP mode.
The etherboot port for Netinstall is probably ether1 only (the PoE in port) https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Netinstall

If it does not react even when you push the reset, before you apply power. Contact the retailer to return the unit.

Just wonder: why would you need to reset the unit if it is brand new ?

Doronext
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:22 am

Don't think a retailer would put on "routerboot protection". It is very hard to break that protection (even strong enough as lock-in (by ISP or randsomeware hackers))

But no wifi at all ? That sounds like a bricked or broken unit. "Dead on arrival" . So uncommon that I listed what you could have been doning wrong. Apparently this is not the case.
Don't know what you see as wifi when you eventually entered CAP mode.
The etherboot port for Netinstall is probably ether1 only (the PoE in port) https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Netinstall
If it does not react even when you push the reset, before you apply power. Contact the retailer to return the unit.

Just wonder: why would you need to reset the unit if it is brand new ?
Sir thanks for the reply, deeply appreciated here. like know some stuff.

if i have enter CAP mode how can i get back to normal (not CAP mode)

tried Netinstall V.6.49.1 still no IP on Router/Driver categories.

i already request for the return of the unit. they will pick it up here in 3days. i just like to know what happened maybe the next encounter ill know what to do.

first turning on the unit was fine. then I named the ports (something like "ether1 to ether1-ISP") and do the update in the winbox as I remember the update was Stable 64.9 something like that
then the winbox stated REBOOT. after the reboot I can't get into the interface using winbox. then was thinking to start over and reset, but it did not work. i tried a alternative Netinstall but the router wont show up in Netinstall.

was wondering if this case was relevant. I have updated my laptop to win11 Home. can those maybe the cause?

Doronext
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:59 am

30 30 reset
Other things that I've encounter.

when I was on the Netinstall process, I note the LED in the front won't go off after 15sec of holding the reset button it only turn blue.
but the instructions that it would

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:15 pm

No known instructions on how to return to normal mode if CAP mode was activated. I would think that a normal reset would return to the default (non CAPsMAN) config.

However there are some serious problems mentioned in this forum with 6.48.5 and 6.49 , of people being locked out after upgrade: viewtopic.php?t=180445#p891702
There is no warning added in the release notes about this potential danger.

To Netinstall, the procedure is rather strict (see link to manual), so strict that it might indeed not work in Windows 11, or if the PC has active (internet) connection.
But also using ether1 on the hAP ac3 is mandatory.
I have no hAP ac3, so I'm not familiar with the LED's.