Community discussions

MikroTik App

kohuke
just joined
Topic Author

LHGG slow speeds

Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:27 am

Hey!

So I have been using the LHGG for around 2-3 months now. It was working very well for the first months, getting around 80/40 the whole time (speeds didn’t even drop in the evening). But as soon as snow came around, my signal numbers got better but the speeds are so much slower and it’s pissing me off. So I used to get around 95-96RSRP and 5-8SINR. Now I get speeds of around 40/35 on the same cell and my stats are 92-93RSRP and -2-3SINR. Why has the signal gotten better but the speeds so much worse? Would snow be blocking something? But again, the signal has gotten better so?? I don’t know, maybe you guys can help me. What could I do? Try to place it higher? Which also isn’t that easy to do in my situation

Best regards,
Kris

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: LHGG slow speeds

Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:47 am

I find the CQI a better indicator than SNR and RSRP. CQI=15 is optimal and max value, below 8 performance gets bad.
LTE of one provider uses the same licensed freq in many towers (eNB id) in the cell. CQI should be the basis for selecting the tower. If multiple freq (bands) are available, the connection channel will normally migrate to the best CQI.

kohuke
just joined
Topic Author

Re: LHGG slow speeds

Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:27 pm

I find the CQI a better indicator than SNR and RSRP. CQI=15 is optimal and max value, below 8 performance gets bad.
LTE of one provider uses the same licensed freq in many towers (eNB id) in the cell. CQI should be the basis for selecting the tower. If multiple freq (bands) are available, the connection channel will normally migrate to the best CQI.
It is very inconsistent, From 6-9 and then completely disappears. SINR does the same thing, but it didn't do that before. I don't get it, why is SINR suddenly so much worse and the speeds so bad, could snow be a possible reason? As soon as snow came down, my speeds dropped and then I noticed the signal numbers