Community discussions

MikroTik App

donatoroman
Topic Author

Issues using the web gui when connecting via hostname vs using direct IP address

Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:10 pm

Hey all

I have an odd issue here where if I change the default mgmt IP from 192.168.88.1 to something else, let's say I want to use 192.168.15.1, the UI appears semi-broken where for example when you log into the web interface, the WebFig tab is not responsive (the left hand column of options do not show up). You have to reload the browser page, relogin a second time, and then it works. Once that's working though, elements of the UI is semi-broken too like the Routes tab under IP is missing routes on the GUI (they do show up in the CLI).

If I revert back to the original mgmt IP, it works just fine. This looks like simply changing the IP doesn't really reflect fully on the UI? Some elements of it are still calling by the original IP?

I'm running v7.1 on a CRS309
Last edited by donatoroman on Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Odd issue when you change the default management IP to something else

Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:14 pm

More likely your browser caches some contents a tad too aggressively. Try to open "anonymous browser window" (whatever it's called in your browser of choice) after you change management IP address and see if it shows same misbehaviour.

donatoroman
Topic Author

Re: Odd issue when you change the default management IP to something else

Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:02 pm

Thanks for getting back to me. Turns out that IP change was a red herring, but the actual issue is when I'm using the web gui via a dns name instead of the IP directly. I setup a static dns entry for it using the mgmt IP (e.g. myfirewall = 192.168.88.1), and when managing with the dns name https://myfirewall the UI is behaving what I outlined above. When I use https://192.168.88.1, all is well.