Community discussions

MikroTik App

DREEMus
just joined
Topic Author

Boot up issue after switch from RouterOS 6.49.2 to SwOS 2.13

Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:40 pm

Hello,

I've read some text from internet how to solve this issue, but no luck to find any.

I have CRS309 bought 2 weeks ago, first i do RouterOS update to newest stable release i try to boot up from SwOS 2.11 (but i'm not sure), but no luck!
Then i update from SSH SwOS to newest 2.13, same result, there was no beep during start up.

So today i stay on RouterOS with 2 bridges, but i don't need "router" features on that switch.

Guys, any advice how to solve my issue? Do you need something from RouterOS to help?
But there is one bad think, i can try to switch RuterOS to SwOS on in DC, so this can take some time to perform.
CRS309-1.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DREEMus
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Boot up issue after switch from RouterOS 6.49.2 to SwOS 2.13  [SOLVED]

Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:53 pm

So today i was in server room with CRS309 ... this visit ends with success!
  • you have to set CRS309 to boot from ethernet, not eth-then-something.
    run netinstall with only ONE network card in laptop (wifi card should be turned off too)
    check if netinstall are allow to connect with private and public network
    power up CRS, it should be boot into ethboot mode
    install any software you want
    reboot
    power off CRS309 and hold reset button, power up and wait to flash user LED, release reset button
    after reboot check with winbox if CRS309 is visible in neighbor tab
conclusion, update/upgrade from winbox don't work always, sometimes we must "format hardrive" and put there fresh software ;)