Community discussions

MikroTik App

kryspeq
just joined
Topic Author

Bricked HAP AC3 - any way to install ROS from USB?

Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:59 am

Hi. At the beggining i'm new with Mikrotik devices. If there is any possible way to install ROS using USB port? After several attempts with Netinstall app i've giveup - Netinstall always show error "mikrotik installation failed: bad router response". I tried with 7.1, 6.48 and 6.45 app version.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Bricked HAP AC3 - any way to install ROS from USB?

Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:11 pm

No, it's not possible to install Routerboard device from USB stick, you have to do it using netinstall. But as you already found out, netinstall is very fragile process. Sometimes it works using different NIC on same computer ... some reported success when using some USB ethernet dongles ...

kryspeq
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:22 pm

In this case i'll try to use another PC or bootable Linux if x64 app just won't coop with me. Thanks.

cdemers
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:51 pm

Things that can help with netinstall, put a switch between the computer and device to be installed, also disable all extra network/bridges/wireless interfaces on computer so there is only the one you want to use.

killersoft
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:21 am

Netinstall can suck, and can be the actual PC's/Laptop network interface causing trouble in getting netinstall to work.
I'v found (sadly) sometimes I have been forced to use a usb to ethernet adaptorto get netinstall to work, after trying a dozen times on a specific pc or laptop.

kryspeq
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:31 am

Things that can help with netinstall, put a switch between the computer and device to be installed, also disable all extra network/bridges/wireless interfaces on computer so there is only the one you want to use.
I've tried this and also doesn't work.
Netinstall can suck, and can be the actual PC's/Laptop network interface causing trouble in getting netinstall to work.
I'v found (sadly) sometimes I have been forced to use a usb to ethernet adaptorto get netinstall to work, after trying a dozen times on a specific pc or laptop.
Mby that's some solution.

But nevermind. Still have warranty. I'll try to push HW through it. Thanks for all hints.