all my vpn Ipsec stopped working after update to version 7.1
tunnel is established, but no traffic is sent inside the tunnel

peer are different models, but all have same problem

LaSepp
just joined

Re: VPN IPSEC ver 7.1

Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:20 pm

Running into the same issue on CCR2004.
Seems to be related to IPSEC Hardware Acceleration.

The IPSEC Tunnels establish, work for ~5-10min, then traffic through the tunnel stops.
As soon as they stop working the only thing to bring them back to life is to reboot - they will work again for ~5-10min, then repeat this behaviour.

We are using IPSEC to build EoIP Tunnels to other sites.
The default IPSEC Phase 1/2 settings have not been modified, but the configuration was copied from a RB2011 running ROS v6

After reverting back to a 7.1 rc prior to arm64 IPSEC HW Acceleration the tunnels work just fine.

bbartlomiej
just joined

Re: VPN IPSEC ver 7.1

Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:12 pm

Running into the same issue on CCR2004.
Seems to be related to IPSEC Hardware Acceleration.

The IPSEC Tunnels establish, work for ~5-10min, then traffic through the tunnel stops.
As soon as they stop working the only thing to bring them back to life is to reboot - they will work again for ~5-10min, then repeat this behaviour.

We are using IPSEC to build EoIP Tunnels to other sites.
The default IPSEC Phase 1/2 settings have not been modified, but the configuration was copied from a RB2011 running ROS v6

After reverting back to a 7.1 rc prior to arm64 IPSEC HW Acceleration the tunnels work just fine.
Have you contacted support? Do you have any reply? I did raise a support request due to packet drops/retransmissions over IPSec tunnel on hex gr3 but no reply. Switching from IPSec to WireGuard solved it for me now. And it's much snappier I must say. Although not sure about HW acceleration now.