Community discussions

MikroTik App

ahmadzai
just joined
Topic Author

After Upgrading from 6.49.2 to 7.1 My BGP Network tab own Public IP Prefix not working

Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:34 am

I have upgraded my CCR 1036 from 6.49.2 to 7.1 and after upgrading my BGP Network tab of V6.49.2 advertised Public IP Prefix subnets are not working in the new V7.1.

accarda
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: After Upgrading from 6.49.2 to 7.1 My BGP Network tab own Public IP Prefix not working

Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:34 pm

Just went through some experiment from Ros v6.49.2 to v7.1.1 and had to discover that now network tab has been replaced by output.network field (from connection -> filter tab).
All the advertise networks must be placed into an address-list and then in such field you can assign that list.
Then I had to disable/re-enable the BGP instance to trigger the process for sending the advertised networks.
Here are the steps to setup output.network https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... figuration

Armando

ahmadzai
just joined
Topic Author

Re: After Upgrading from 6.49.2 to 7.1 My BGP Network tab own Public IP Prefix not working

Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:01 am

Dear Sir,

I have tried all the steps but no luck. one thing that I noticed another is that when we go to routes and click on the Nexthope tab all of them are showing unreachable but while pinging all of them are pinging and working normally.

accarda
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:08 am

Hi,
in my case it works when I add all my networks into the address-list; this is the same approach provided by an automated script that migrates a working BGP setup on ros v6 into v7.
It creates an address-list called bgp-networks and adds all networks in there.
Then you recall that list in BGP connection setup in filter setting for output.network.
I have done this setup on ros v7.1.1, never installed the previous v7.1 or beta.
/routing bgp connection
add address-families=ip as=ASxxxx cisco-vpls-nlri-len-fmt=auto-bits connect=yes disabled=no keepalive-time=1s200ms listen=yes \
    local.address=172.17.2.4 .role=ebgp name=chrgw output.network=bgp-networks .no-client-to-client-reflection=yes remote.address=172.17.2.1/32 .as=\
    ASyyyy .port=179 router-id=10.5.5.5 routing-table=main templates=template
Then inside ip/firewall/address-list I have all networks that I'd like to distribute to the peer.
add address=172.16.7.0/24 list=bgp-networks
add address=192.168.100.0/24 list=bgp-networks

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:13 pm

Keep in mind that in RouterOS v7 there is no "synchronize" option in BGP - synchronize is now forced to "Yes" meaning you won't advertise a prefix if it is not installed in your device's routing table through some other means (IGP, static route).

gammy69er
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:49 am

Hey All
Just to add more info on the stack. I can confirm the same issue.
I am trying to run ipv6 also - and will note that disable/enable on EITHER the v6 or v4 address list will rectify the issue.

I tried a disable/re-enable on another address list and... nothing happened
I then tried disable/re-enable on a single range on my v4 list - Nothing
I disabled the only address I have on my v6 list - and re-enable bought both the v4 and v6 list back
Finally - I did all the v4 addresses for that list - and both v4 and v6 came back.

Oddly - these address-lists are not connected in any way - one is the firewall - the other is the v6 firewall (seperate). Hopefully that helps track down the issue

Did notice an issue... somewhere ... when building that a drop down under BGP (somewhere) did not show the Address Lists - but was building initially on 7.1.1 and am on 7.1.3 now. IDK where it was - and I just typed the lists in place at the time.

Anywho - Thanks to Fragtion for the work around. Hope the info i have dropped helps someone to