Community discussions

MikroTik App

tmichaud
just joined
Topic Author

TG-BT5-IN Firmware upgrade

Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:05 pm

I have a TG-BT5-IN and I'm not able to Download and Install new firmware.

Current version

Latest version

When I select "Download and install" on the Android version of Mikrotik Beacon Manager nothing appears to happen.

Also can not locate a downloadable version of 2.3.1 to enable the "Manual upgrade".

Does any have the location of TG-BT5-IN version 2.3.1 firmware?

Thanks,
Tom

davorjs
just joined

Re: TG-BT5-IN Firmware upgrade

Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:52 am

Hi Tom,

I had the same question.

I noticed an upgrade to the Mikrotik Beacon Manager app yesterday, and when I upgraded that and went to configure my tag, I was able to upgrade the tag as well.

Cheers, Dave.

amir1
just joined

Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:24 pm

any solution? i have the same problem after automatic upgrade from version 1.6.7-orr to 2.3.1-orr the device is broken and no longer recognizable in Beacon manager android or IOS app. it seems being in OTA mode and does show unix time 1970-01-01 01:00:00.

VK7HSE
just joined

Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:04 am

You are not alone, I've just received a tb-bt5-in and just saw the firmware upgrade and ran it, and my tag is now in the same mode as mentioned, l don't know what to do with it!

Is there a way to get the firmware and update it manually? That's an option in the app but there's nothing on the mikrotik download server.

This is a new record for me to brick an item within a minute of unpacking it! 😝

*** update ***

https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... deFirmware

Has some files, I uploaded but I'm not sure what mode this tag has gone into as placing a magnet doesn't light up the led...