Community discussions

MikroTik App

theradioguy
just joined
Topic Author

No BGP on hAP Lite

Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:02 am

Hey All,

Recently upgraded an hAP lite I have lying around to ROS v 7.1.1 which acts as a management router and noticed that after upgrading it has no BGP configuration and no ability to add a BGP configuration. When I navigate to Routing > BGP in Winbox the page is completely empty, and running a /routing/bgp/export just hangs the terminal. Tried a factory reset and still no ability to configure or manage BGP.

Is this a known issue? Anything I can do to get BGP going on this device or am I suck on 6.x.

Thanks!

YingSang
just joined

Re: No BGP on hAP Lite

Wed May 11, 2022 10:32 pm

With version 7.2.3 still no support for BGP on this device. The function is visible in Winbox but not in the terminal.
Is there any information if it will be available again? Or this is no longer supported on this device.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 11, 2022 11:16 pm

The device can not stop 7x development just because all must still works on SMIPS,
is like to want 6.x on old mipsle.

Keep 6.x until you do not need something that can be only on v7, but say bye to MPLS, BGP, etc. because the SMIPS do not have "any" sufficent...

YingSang
just joined

Thu May 12, 2022 5:31 pm

Ok, I switched to OSPF now. That gets the job done too, and I can keep Wireguard. So there is an alternative.