Community discussions

MikroTik App

Mehran47
just joined
Topic Author

implementing mikrotik radio

Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:45 am

Dear All,
Hi, I hope you are having a good holiday.

I am going to install an omnitik antenna with 3 sxt antennas as the picture below.

I am not sure which wireless mode (station, bridge, ap bridge, etc) and WDS mode (mesh, bridge, etc) is better to choose.

It would be appreciated if you can help me to configure them all.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rugx
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: implementing mikrotik radio

Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:53 am

Try AP-bridge on the headquarter and station-bridge on all the other ones. For example, if you will have static ip-address and the HQ has access to the net through ether1, the configuration, after you have removed all the existing settings, should be as follows:
HQ
/interface wireless
set 0 band=5ghz-a/n channel-width=20/40mhz-XX disabled=no mode=ap-bridge ssid=Shrek3
/interface wireless security-profiles
set 0 authentication-types=wpa2-psk mode=dynamic-keys wpa2-pre-shared-key=YourPassword
/ip address
add address=10.10.10.51/24 interface=wlan2
/ip dhcp-client
add disabled=no interface=ether1
/ip firewall nat
add action=masquerade chain=srcnat out-interface=ether1
Shops/Storage
/interface bridge
add name=bridge
/interface wireless
set 0 band=5ghz-a/n channel-width=20/40mhz-XX disabled=no mode=station-bridge ssid=Shrek3
/interface wireless security-profiles
set 0 authentication-types=wpa2-psk mode=dynamic-keys wpa2-pre-shared-key=YourPassword
/ip address
add address=10.10.10.X/24 interface=bridge 
/ip route
add gateway=10.10.10.51
/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridge interface=all
This should be the bare minimum for the network to function
After adding all bridge ports you will have a disconnect. Replace X in the shops/storages ip-address with the intended one.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: implementing mikrotik radio

Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:12 pm

On HQ don't forget the DHCP server on WLAN1 (or on the bridge if you have multiple WLAN interfaces), where you specify the DNS server and default gateway for the client devices.

Putting NAT on ether1 of HQ will isolate the LAN from the uplink ether1. The LAN services could be in the uplink. In that case don't put DHCP server in HQ but add ether1 to the bridge with WLAN1, and put IP address on the bridge.

OP did not specify how the Omnitik at HQ and wifi links integrate in the network.