Community discussions

MikroTik App

iScape
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Can I disable AP's "local forward" in WifiWave2 (directly or via UserManager/RADIUS Mikrotik-Wireless-Forward)?

Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:35 am

Hi, in old wifi driver, it was possible to disable local forwarding either by default for whole wireless interface, or specifically via access list (ACL) (in both manual and CAPsMAN modes).

I have difficulties finding "new place" for this feature in WifiWave2 driver (and WifiWave2 is not ?yet compatible with CAPsMAN).

So, it it still possible to disable local forward in WiFiWave2? It will be totally fine if it can be somehow done involving User manager (RADIUS, like Mikrotik-Wireless-Forward set to 0).
If no, is it a matter of time to get it implemented, or will this feature be retired?

Just in case, I'm talking about "forwarding" like here https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... AccessList or interface's "default-forwarding" property

I've got into wifiwave2 as I've found that ACL has got "MAC mask" that would help me with my zoo of IoT devices that all have "adjacent" MACs without extra scripting.
I also wanted to play with OWE.
But, as it's more important for me to "isolate" clients without use of VLAN, I'm wondering if this option is lost now with WifiWave2

Thank you

robtor

Re: Can I disable AP's "local forward" in WifiWave2 (directly or via UserManager/RADIUS Mikrotik-Wireless-Forward)?

Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:55 pm

I think this is currently not supported, as stated in the documentation:
WifiWave2 CAPsMAN only passes wireless configuration to the CAP, all forwarding decisions are left to the CAP itself - there is no CAPsMAN forwarding mode.
Maybe the developers might implement something later, but that's only venture, i don't really know anything about that.

Here's my source of information: https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/pages/vi ... ve2CAPsMAN