MikroTik App

gigabyte091
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

How to make Netwatch send e-mail ?

Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:57 am

Hello everyone,

I have RB941-2nd (r3), routerOS version 7.1.1 which i use as AP for my CCTV, and i would like to recieve e-mail if camera loose connection to the router.

I configured e-mail, send test e-mail which i recieved without a problem but when i tried to copy a script from this thread: viewtopic.php?t=84049 and change settings to my own when i click run script nothing happened.

I don't know what i'm doing wrong

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How to make Netwatch send e-mail ?

Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:14 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of RouterOS scripting, also known as "land of silent death". ;)

You're using old script, current /tool e-mail doesn't have start-tls=yes, you need to change it to tls=starttls.

gigabyte091
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:57 am

Thank you,

I modified a script using settings you provided and it's working like a charm now. Honestly, this is the first time i used scripts but this is very helpfull because it's good to know if some of the cameras drop out of the network.

It's fascinating for me that the $25 router is working so good. My ISP provided router couldn't handle the load, and connection was very unreliable, to that point that devices couldn't get an IP address even if i configured the router to hand out static IP addresses (devices have DHCP on). This little guy solved that problem.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:23 pm

Yes, RBs are great little devices. Well, yours is slightly less great than others, it's the lowest model with barely enough resources to do anything, but if you don't have high demands, it can still be good.

gigabyte091
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:15 pm

Yea, I know it is, but it was the only Mikrotik router available at the store and with 7 security cameras on wifi, and NVR on wired network it's working like a charm for now.

eworm
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:37 pm

Sound like you may be interested in my script Notify on host up and down for some improvements and extra functionality.

gigabyte091
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:00 am

You have couple of scripts that looks interesting, i will give them a try. I like that you have notice in case one of the ISPs go down. That will be useful for me as I will have 2 internet links at home, DSL for now, and aditional WiFi link to city hotspot soon i hope. (Small town so fiber internet is nowhere to be seen)