Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Consult experts, thank you.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:27 pm

THIS stopped working for me.
ESTO Me dejó de funcionar.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=171149.
After several hours several days, I have succeeded.
Después de varias horas varios días, lo he conseguido.
I publish for two reasons:
1.- In case an expert can validate it and
2.- In case this happens to another inexperienced person like me, I can continue to have Wi-Fi in the hAP coverage area.
Español:
Publico por dos razones:
1.- Por si un experto lo puede validar y
2.- Por si esto mismo, le pasa a otro inexperto como yo, pueda seguir teniendo wifi en el área de cobertura de hAP.
PROCEDURE to configure a hAP as an access point with wifi and 5 LAN ports, by “bpwl”.
Remove the "cable coming from the Telefónica router port" from the hAP ether 1 port.
Plug the cable from the MacBook and the cable from the router into ether 2, 3, 4, or 5 on the hAP.
Do not connect any cables to the hAP ether 1 port until the bridge port change has been made.
If the cable from the Telefónica router is not connected, then the MacBook still won't get an IP address (DHCP comes from the router but in my case, my MacBook, works with fixed IP's), but WinBox should see the hAP in the Neighbors tab.
Retire el "cable que viene del puerto del router de Telefónica" del puerto ether 1 del hAP.
Español:
PROCEDIMIENTO para configuración de un hAP como punto de acceso con wifi y 5 puertos LAN, por “bpwl”.
Enchufe el cable del MacBook y el cable del router en el ether 2, 3, 4 o 5 del hAP.
No conecte ningún cable en el puerto hAP ether 1 hasta que se haya realizado el cambio de puerto del puente.
Si el cable del router de Telefónica no está conectado, entonces el MacBook aún no obtendrá una dirección IP (DHCP proviene del enrutador pero en mi caso, mi MacBook, trabaja con IP’s fijas), pero WinBox debería ver el hAP en la pestaña Vecinos.
=============================================================================================
Gracias a bpwl
=============================================================================================
Start from the default settings.
Comience desde la configuración predeterminada.
1.- Add all the ports to the bridge (ether1, ether2, ether3, ether4, ether5, wlan1, wlan2) / (in default configuration only ether1 is missing).
1.- Agregue todos los puertos al puente (ether1, ether2, ether3, ether4, ether5, wlan1, wlan2) / (en configuración predeterminada solo falta ether1).

Image01 by P. Ramiro, en Flickr
Image02 by P. Ramiro, en Flickr
PARA EXPERTOS ******************¿...?****** MODIFICADO ******¿...?****************** PARA EXPERTOS
Image00 by P. Ramiro, en Flickr
PARA EXPERTOS ******************¿...?****** MODIFICADO ******¿...?****************** PARA EXPERTOS
Image03 by P. Ramiro, en Flickr
Image04 by P. Ramiro, en Flickr
2.- Add an "IP Address" 192.168.1.2/24 to the bridge and to the Netword 192.168.1.0
2.- Agregue una "Dirección IP" 192.168.1.2/24 al puente y al Netword 192.168.1.0
Image05 by P. Ramiro, en Flickr
3.- Add an "IP route" 0.0.0.0/0 to 192.168.1.1
3.- Agregue una "ruta IP" 0.0.0.0/0 a 192.168.1.1
Image06 by P. Ramiro, en Flickr
Image07 by P. Ramiro, en Flickr
Image08 by P. Ramiro, en Flickr
4.- Add DNS to 192.168.1.1
4.- Añadir DNS a 192.168.1.1
Image09 by P. Ramiro, en Flickr
5.- Configure the WLAN interfaces as "AP bridge" with SSID and security profile.
5.- Configure las interfaces WLAN como "puente AP" con SSID y perfil de seguridad.
Image10 by P. Ramiro, en Flickr
Image11 by P. Ramiro, en Flickr
Image12 by P. Ramiro, en Flickr
Image13 by P. Ramiro, en Flickr
6.- Disable or remove the DHCP server from the default configuration. (You will lose connection here).
6.- Deshabilite o elimine el servidor DHCP de la configuración predeterminada. (Perderás la conexión aquí).
Image14 by P. Ramiro, en Flickr
Image15 by P. Ramiro, en Flickr
Image16 by P. Ramiro, en Flickr
THANK YOU.
GRACIAS.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Consult experts, thank you.  [SOLVED]

Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:14 pm

OK forgot about the default DHCP client on ether1. It is still there. A DHCP client could be used on the bridge, should not be assigned to an interface (ether1) connected to the bridge.
A DHCP client will set dynamic route, dynamic IP address, and dynamic DNS servers as is seen in the screenshots. Using this dynamic settings is OK , but should be assigned to the bridge.

Assigning WLAN interfaces to the LAN interface list is not needed if the interfaces are assigned as ports to the bridge. Only the bridge setting will be used.

Interfaces assigned to a bridge port are "slave" interfaces, they only transfer packets for the bridge, but do not carry any service (IP address, DHCP server or client, ....) , and interface settings like "interface membership" will NOT be used. The same would be true if VLAN were used. Assign ALL to the bridge only !. Setting services on the interfaces will be accepted, might even work, but will confuse RouterOS.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Consult experts, thank you.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:13 pm

“OK forgot about the default DHCP client on ether1. It is still there. ..."
Thanks a lot.
It costs me a lot to execute his words, but little by little I sure succeed.
Part by part:
This is good...???
Active ether1 WAN-01 ??? in DHCP Client?

Imageaa by P. Ramiro, en Flickr

Imageab by P. Ramiro, en Flickr

Imageac by P. Ramiro, en Flickr

Imagead by P. Ramiro, en Flickr

Gracias.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:42 pm

Set DHCP client on the bridge (it is RED now because it is not correct!) or just disable it or remove it.
You can work without DHCP client if your DNS, NTP and IP route is set correctly.
Klembord-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:20 pm

Buenas noches

We continue with the first part.
Correct? yes, no ..:

Imageba by P. Ramiro, en Flickr

Imagebb by P. Ramiro, en Flickr

Imagebc by P. Ramiro, en Flickr

Imagebd by P. Ramiro, en Flickr

Gracias

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:30 pm

You can work without DHCP client if your DNS, NTP and IP route is set correctly.

The catches are not good ..?

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:26 am

Set DHCP client on the bridge (it is RED now because it is not correct!) or just disable it or remove it.
You can work without DHCP client if your ¿¿¿ DNS, NTP and IP route is set correctly ???.
It must not be correct because it does not work for me, I have put DHCP client and removed everything you have told me and it works.
NOTE: I am now studying the NTP, thank you.

IMPORTANT
I think solved.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH bpwl

The configuration was gone, it followed its indications from a year ago, point by point, but one is missing from the list:
Use a DHCP client on the bridge.
========================================================================================
viewtopic.php?p=902256#p902256
========================================================================================
Sorry for the trouble. But this is a damned simple config that is needed here.

Start from default config.

Add all ports to the bridge (ether1,ether2,ether3,ether4,ether5,wlan1,wlan2) / ( in default config only ether1 is missing)
Add an "IP Address" to the bridge : 192.168.1.2/24
Add an "IP route" 0.0.0.0/0 to 192.168.1.1
Add DNS to 192.168.1.1
Configure the WLAN interfaces as "AP bridge" with SSID and security profile.
Disable or remove the DHCP server from the default config. (You will lose connection here)

That's all.

You can remove the 192.168.88.1 address to cleanup.
1.- Add all ports to the bridge (ether1,ether2,ether3,ether4,ether5,wlan1,wlan2) / ( in default config only ether1 is missing)
2.- Add an "IP Address" to the bridge : 192.168.1.2/24
3.- Add an "IP route" 0.0.0.0/0 to 192.168.1.1
4.- Add DNS to 192.168.1.1
5.- Configure the WLAN interfaces as "AP bridge" with SSID and security profile.
6.- Disable or remove the DHCP server from the default config. (You will lose connection here)
7.- Use a DHCP Client on the bridge.

NOTE 7.- : I have all my network with fixed ip, here I have not been able to do it and in my DHCP telephone router, I have pasted a desired ip to the mac of the bridge to HP MikroTik.
I'll post the captures later.
It has greatly improved the speed and connections of home automation devices.
-
Abrazos y nuevamente muchas gracias bpwl
Hugs and thank you again bpwl