Community discussions

MikroTik App

friction
Topic Author

RBM33G availability and replacement

Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:35 pm

Dear MikroTik and friends,

I was about to order an RBM33G for building a proof-of-concept dual-WWAN gateway, but I notice they're unavailable at most (if not all?) sellers in EU...
Is this a temporary issue with the supply chain or should be expect a replacement in the coming months?
If a replacement is coming, we would appreciate the M.2 slot being capable of accepting wwan cards. *cough cat12/18...*

I know usually there are no comments on upcoming hardware, so wink once if there is a replacement coming, wink twice if it is only a supply chain issue, disappoint me if it is neither ;-).

ConnyMercier
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: RBM33G availability and replacement

Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:41 pm

:wink: :wink:

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:21 am

For now the best replacement is LtAP (not mini), but yes, it not have the M.2 slot.

For now is what we have.

Regards.

friction
Topic Author

Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:23 pm

Thanks both of you, in that case I’ll wait it out for a bit, and if my patience runs out I’ll order the ltap to experiment with…

Engitech
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:59 pm

As we know. ... currently no new model. But we have some in stock at Engitech. Contact if you need some.

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:39 pm

Thanks both of you, in that case I’ll wait it out for a bit, and if my patience runs out I’ll order the ltap to experiment with…
They haven't made a board-only LTE product in a while... I was waiting for 5+ years for MBIM on the RB953s, only got that with V7. While I'd bet they'll come out with M.2 in the Chateau soon. Maybe Audience, wAP with M.2 too. But how long that take to get to a board product, I have no idea, or if ever.

It's the modem modules that are tricky here too. Mikrotik LTE modules aren't that great (bit basis since I'm in US where the LTE bands just don't align well). We use the Telit 960 today since that's the only way to get 5G bands in a miniPCIe.

You can just pull the board out of an LtAP, more money per unit however - that get you dual SIM and at least one USB 3.0 miniPCIe slot.