MikroTik App

Jimmy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

How do I move dude to one of the other disks. RB 1100 X4

Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:55 pm

Hello everyone
I am in the process of running a new RB 1100 X4 which will be our new dude server. I've been running this dude v4 beta ever since but now it's time for upgrade.
Right from the start, I've had a problem. The actual dude library is in flash? There is internal memory of 64 GB and I also have a 2 X 240 Gb SSD Disk, but how do I move dude to one of the other disks? I have moved the database itself, but I have many MB files in the form of background cards, other icons and a sea of mib's that take up far more space than what the memory itself is on?

Is there anyone who can help and tell how to get dude onto one of the other discs?

Regards
Jimmy

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How do I move dude to one of the other disks. RB 1100 X4

Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:05 pm

Use DUDE Settings. (MiB's are in this directory as well)
Klembord-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jimmy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:37 pm

Hi dpwl
Many thanks for the reply.
It sounded easy but it does not change anything :( it is only the database that comes up and in files in dude is it still in the internal memory? Do I have to manually move some files?

Regards
Jimmy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:09 pm

Yes move them manually.
Quite some (/files/default/mibs , images) are created by DUDE at startup/restart when an empty or non-existing sub-directory is set as data-directory.
Only the database and your own added files should need to be moved. (Move done in RouterOS, not in DUDE, with DUDE disabled)
(There is also an export-db/import-db as move option for the DB. Tools as WinSCP could help as well. But not all directories are write enabled)

( disk1 was not empy or is not a directory? Maybe adding a sub-dir in the settings like my "dude-data" when DUDE is disabled, would trigger the file creation when DUDE is enabled. Maybe the DUDE remembered the old location, and a reboot is needed?
Now you use disk1 for your moved database location (disk1/dude.db), but the setting is a disk name only. (maybe "disk1/" does work also if you don't want the normal directory))

Jimmy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:01 pm

hmm it is not working, only the default folder will show in dude files. the database move fine np, but nothing els :( i run V.6.49.2
sins the router only have 128 mb space i cant event have my bagground on it :) I do what your pic and post says but again it is not working :( ?

Jimmy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:16 pm

ok i uninstall dude package and new install and now all are good. THX for help :)

Cheers
Jimmy