Community discussions

MikroTik App

Technie
just joined
Topic Author

ROS 7.1.1 - User Manager - Wireless VLAN - not working as expected

Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:50 pm

Motivation:
Previously on ROS 6.X I have been using CAPSMAN to manage my wireless networks and vlan, and it has been working great.

Come ROS 7, now there's WiFiWave2 package which promises better wifi performance.

I would like to get better performance, yet be able to manage clients and sort them into vlans even with same SSID, like what i did previously with CAPSMAN.

Basic idea:
UserManager package is used to provide the VLAN, PSK data by mac address matching.
wireless interface is setup as per normal, now with access list set to query radius

What did I expect:
Client will connect, radius query will return the relevant details, the client will be assigned to the correct vlan.

What happened instead:
Client will connect, radius query will return the relevant details, the client is NOT assigned to the correct vlan.

My original setup is with a CCR1009 as the UserManager/Radius and HAP AC3 as the wifi access point, but I have recreated the environment on a HAP AC3

The script to do so is attached as test01.rsc

Please apply the script using this "/system/reset-configuration no-defaults=yes skip-backup=yes run-after-reset=test01.rsc", ensure that UserManager data is deleted before running the script

Attachments:
routerboard.png - the details of the device
packages.png - the package details
radius-request-response.png - showing the correct radius response
bridge-hosts0list.png - showing the incorrect VLAN assigned
test01.rsc - the script to recreate the test environment. please remember to change the mac address and also disable randomised mac for the test device
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.