Community discussions

MikroTik App

Tronbox
just joined
Topic Author

Daily Wireless Dropouts

Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:08 pm

I'm currently experiencing an issue with a couple of cAP AC access points that are disconnecting several times a day. Doesn't seem to be any pattern, just randomly drops off. When this happens, it appears that the APs themselves are still connected to the network, but the wireless channels are dropping, as can be seen from the LEDs on the AP. After roughly a minute, it springs back into life and everyone reconnects. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this issue so any help would be appreciated.

I've printed the logs from around the time of the issue, but I'm struggling to transfer the file out of Winbox. I tried to SFTP/SCP into the appliance but getting denied both ways. I think I'm missing something here.

Tronbox
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Daily Wireless Dropouts

Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:00 pm

For anyone who reads this, I think I found the cause of the issue. The DHCP lease for the AP subnet was set to an hour, not sure why it was set so low. I've upped this setting and so far, had no more dropouts. Will continue to monitor.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Daily Wireless Dropouts

Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:08 pm

Almost zero information without the log and config.
Add "topics=wireless" to the system logging rules.
Print the log to fie, or set the logging action to "disk".
"export hide_sensitive file=yourfilename" to put the config is a readable yourfilename.rsc file
Download log and config file in files with WinBox by right_click "download"

DHCP lease renewal is not supposed to trigger the LED's. Lease renewal happens at 1/2 the lease time.
I can be many things. E.G.: Even a (R)STP spanning tree transition because some device in the network changes the network topology.
The RF spectrum is invisible but has a major influence on the wifi connections.
Is this standalone administration or CAPsMAN ?