Community discussions

MikroTik App

Ehman
Topic Author

Netinstall, bind()failed error, and no code!!!

Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:13 pm

Hi, I'm unable to use netinstall on my windows 7 pc, I get these 2 errors after another when I open netinstall, all the versions does this,
After I clicked on the OK on the errors, then netinstall just closes.. and thats it?!

Im forced to use my XP laptop for this missions, anyone out there with this problem?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Netinstall, bind()failed error, and no code!!!

Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:59 pm

The first screenshot might indicate that you did not start netinstall with administrative rights.

Ehman
Topic Author

Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:05 am

The first screenshot might indicate that you did not start netinstall with administrative rights.
it makes no difference....with or without administrative rights, I still get those error message...

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:28 am

And you followed the netinstall manual to the point? Disabling all network interfaces except teh one being used for connectin to router, setting manual IP address, allowing netinstall.exe in firewall (or disabling firewall altogether), etc.?

netinstall is indeed very fragile process (we can argue if this needs to be this way, probably not but that's the way it is now) and one has to make everything right or else netinstall fails.

Ehman
Topic Author

Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:41 am

And you followed the netinstall manual to the point? Disabling all network interfaces except teh one being used for connectin to router, setting manual IP address, allowing netinstall.exe in firewall (or disabling firewall altogether), etc.?

netinstall is indeed very fragile process (we can argue if this needs to be this way, probably not but that's the way it is now) and one has to make everything right or else netinstall fails.
Nope, I've done everything you said on my win7 pc, to the last step including that Netinstall Manual advice, still bind() failed!!
....on my xp laptop everything works 100% without all these side shows!! :(