Community discussions

MikroTik App

ramberger
just joined
Topic Author

RouterOS6<>RouterOS7 woes (Maybe)

Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:38 pm

Hello, I would like to ask if anyone has some info they would help me with regarding some (possible) issues I'm having with getting OS6 and OS7 routers to play nice via OSPF. I recently swapped the router below our edge with a CCR2004. Have a ptp OSPF link to the edge router (OS6) as well as ptp links to the surrounding towers (also OS6). I seem to have managed to get OSPF working on OS7 enough that it seems to be running great! Swapped out a 4011 that was running 70% CPU load during peak hours to a CCR2004 thats running around 7% at its heaviest load times.

I want to preface this by saying I'm still pretty noobish when it comes to OSPF so if I'm doing something that seems obviously stupid, please be nice. LOL

Issue I'm noticing is I'm getting constant OSPF warnings in the logs for receiving wrong lsACK from all the surrounding routers running OS6. I'm pretty confident its some small setting that changed between versions that is causing an issue between the two. However, looking at the logs of all routers, it doesn't seem that the links are actually dropping out. Just warning about that specific error. I'll be including a picture of a snippet of the log window. Additionally, I'll include config script of the new router I put in as well as 1 or 2 of the surrounding tower routers as well that are running OS6. The router I swapped out would be set up nearly identical to the other OS6 routers so I'll only include the new one (OS7) config for now.

The file named "NewGCMMBackup" is the new OS7 router I put in (where I'm getting the log warnings) and the files named "104Backup"/ "131Backup"/"214Backup" are a couple of the surrounding tower routers connecting back using an OSPF ptp interface. 131 and 214 are transport over our providers fiber (No DIA, just transport) and 104 is a wireless PtP link. Ubiquiti AF24 to be exact, though I doubt that matters. LOL Just giving as much info as I can come up with. I removed some stuff from the scripts that didn't pertain to the OSPF config, though I can update with full scripts if thats what is needed to get help.

My first obvious thought was just upgrade the entire networks routers to OS7 to match but thats quite a task to tackle right now. Not to mention my lack of confidence in my ability to configure OSPF in the new OS version not only properly, but efficiently as well. Maybe its just a small bug between the two OS versions, though I worry if it is more than that. Any help or information you folks would be willing to share with me would be so appreciated! Thanks! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Flyerman
just joined

Re: RouterOS6<>RouterOS7 woes (Maybe)

Fri May 06, 2022 12:59 pm

I have similar setup, same problem and no help from Mikrotik :(

UplinkLLC
just joined

Sat May 21, 2022 3:44 am

We have a similar setup where one V7 router was connected to several V6 routers and the log on the V7 router was getting hammered by LSA messages from the V6 routers. What fixed it for us was upgrading the V6 routers to V7. So far the log file on all routers have been clear for over a week now.

scampbell
Trainer
Trainer

Thu May 26, 2022 11:15 pm

Same here running RoS7.3b40 - getting from Ros6 OSPF recieved wrong LS ack for inter-area prefix x.x.x.x y.y.y.y 0x80000013 expected 0x80000014

The last numbers of 0x800000xx were always received x, expected x+1 - looks like a simple numerical bug ???

Not feasible to upgrade all routers to RoS7 on a production network at this point........

bazilio
just joined

Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:55 am

Same here running RoS7.3b40 - getting from Ros6 OSPF recieved wrong LS ack for inter-area prefix x.x.x.x y.y.y.y 0x80000013 expected 0x80000014

The last numbers of 0x800000xx were always received x, expected x+1 - looks like a simple numerical bug ???

Not feasible to upgrade all routers to RoS7 on a production network at this point........
I have this problem too. ROS 7.7 on one device.
Wrong LS Ack may be not only from ROSv6, also from Cisco.