Community discussions

MikroTik App

mreg376
just joined
Topic Author

SMB share folder contents not visible on Mac

Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:14 am

I created an smb share on an SD card attached to my Hex S, and I can access the files in the share directory just fine from a Windows machine after mapping the share to a drive letter.
But when I do the similar process on a Mac (current hardware and MacOS) I can access the directory but it appears empty, even though it isn't. Also, I cannot move files or create subfolders in the share directory on the Mac, getting error -43. Interestingly, when I try to drag a file to the share on the Mac, or try to create a folder, I get that -43 error, but a 0kb copy of the file or folder is created in the share directory that I can see in Winbox.
And again, all of these functions work fine from a Windows machine. Any help as to what these problems are occurring only on the Mac would be appreciated!

Mitch

smyers119
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: SMB share folder contents not visible on Mac

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:56 pm

But when I do the similar process on a Mac
What is that process?

Is there any symbolic links on server or client?

mreg376
just joined
Topic Author

Re: SMB share folder contents not visible on Mac

Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:20 pm

I use the Go To Server function in Finder (the Mac's version of Windows Explorer), and enter the smb address of the router (smb://192.168.xxx.1). I then get router share login screen, and enter the login info. The share folder appears on the Mac, but it's empty, even though it isn't.

I can't say I know the answer to your second question...