Community discussions

MikroTik App

daseigno
just joined
Topic Author

CAPsMAN 5GHz Not Working

Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:27 pm

Hi all,

I am having trouble properly configuring CAPsMAN. Setup is pretty basic.

-RB5009 - Router and CAPsMAN.
-RB4011 - CAP, conifgured as CAPs mode.

Both running routerOS 7.1.1.

The 2.4 GHz setup works fine, but whatever I have tried I cannot get the 5 GHz set up correctly.

I have read many posts about setting up 5GHz, ranging from simpler to more complex, but no matter what happens I can't get it to work. Here is my CAPsMAN config.
/caps-man channel
add band=2ghz-g/n control-channel-width=20mhz extension-channel=disabled frequency=\
    2412,2432,2452,2462 name=2g-1-5-9-11 save-selected=no
add band=5ghz-n/ac name=5GHz
/caps-man interface
add disabled=no l2mtu=1600 mac-address=DC:2C:6E:2C:86:2F master-interface=none name=cap3 \
    radio-mac=DC:2C:6E:2C:86:2F radio-name=DC2C6E2C862F
/caps-man datapath
add bridge=local name=datapath1
/caps-man rates
add basic=12Mbps name="GN Only - 12M Basic Rate" supported=\
    12Mbps,18Mbps,24Mbps,36Mbps,48Mbps,54Mbps
/caps-man security
add authentication-types=wpa-psk,wpa2-psk name=security1
/caps-man configuration
add channel=2g-1-5-9-11 country="united states3" datapath=datapath1 mode=ap multicast-helper=full \
    name=cfg-2GHz rates="GN Only - 12M Basic Rate" security=security1 ssid=test2GHz
add channel=5GHz country="united states3" datapath=datapath1 mode=ap name=cfg-5GHz security=\
    security1 ssid=test5g
/caps-man manager
set enabled=yes
/caps-man manager interface
set [ find default=yes ] forbid=yes
add disabled=no interface=local
/caps-man provisioning
add action=create-dynamic-enabled hw-supported-modes=ac,an master-configuration=cfg-5GHz
add action=create-dynamic-enabled hw-supported-modes=gn master-configuration=cfg-2GHz
From what I can tell, the CAPsMAN sees the 5GHz radio on the CAP, but it won't provision it correctly. Any help would be appreciated.

daseigno
just joined
Topic Author

Re: CAPsMAN 5GHz Not Working  [SOLVED]

Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:01 am

I contacted support and they got me straightened out. Posting here on the off chance it benefits someone else. I had to delete the 5GHz CAP from the CAPsMAN interface list and then reprovision and it came right up. I am not sure if that is already documented somewhere, but I had not found it.

slaz

Re: CAPsMAN 5GHz Not Working

Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:46 pm

I contacted support and they got me straightened out. Posting here on the off chance it benefits someone else. I had to delete the 5GHz CAP from the CAPsMAN interface list and then reprovision and it came right up. I am not sure if that is already documented somewhere, but I had not found it.
Is there any chance you could detail a bit? I have the same issue here and I hope that you can share some more info on how you solved it so I can also fix the 5GHz. Thanks lots in advance