Community discussions

MikroTik App

Vxuser
just joined
Topic Author

I want to transform my mAP-Lite into a repeater.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:23 am

Hello,

I am struggleing to make my mAP-Lite to make it as a repeater (to get wifi signal from a wifi network and then reley it on ethernet port into a TP-Link Powerline Extender by lan cable). I will try to explain more.
So I work on board a Vessel and here we have a WiFi system that every person is logging with a pin. I have managed to connect my mAP-Lite to the WiFI network and it relays the signal without a problem throw TP-Link Powerline Extender.
The problem is that when I access the portal to login with my pin I can login but if anyone else whats to login they will be already logged in with my pin. So my internet data will be shared by others. The way it should work is like this: every user should connect to my mAP-lite and access the vessel's wifi network/login portal so they can put their individual pin.

Thank you!

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: I want to transform my mAP-Lite into a repeater.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:48 am

It may not be possible. If client is identified by its MAC address (probably), then it's always the one that belongs to mAP Lite and doesn't change. If it was ethernet, you could configure it as bridge and let all clients use their own MAC addresses. But standard wifi doesn't like that.

raceboy
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: I want to transform my mAP-Lite into a repeater.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:59 am

Hello,

I am struggleing to make my mAP-Lite to make it as a repeater (to get wifi signal from a wifi network and then reley it on ethernet port into a TP-Link Powerline Extender by lan cable). I will try to explain more.
So I work on board a Vessel and here we have a WiFi system that every person is logging with a pin. I have managed to connect my mAP-Lite to the WiFI network and it relays the signal without a problem throw TP-Link Powerline Extender.
The problem is that when I access the portal to login with my pin I can login but if anyone else whats to login they will be already logged in with my pin. So my internet data will be shared by others. The way it should work is like this: every user should connect to my mAP-lite and access the vessel's wifi network/login portal so they can put their individual pin.

Thank you!
this works... viewtopic.php?t=160180