Community discussions

MikroTik App

fsmollinger
just joined
Topic Author

Forwarding ports for multiple Polycom IP phones

Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:45 pm

Does anyone know the best was to do this Voip setup?

SITUATION: I have 6 Polycom vvw300 phones. Each phone has it's own IP address on my local lan (no remote sites involved other than the vendor). The vendor, Clarity Voice hosts the phones on their remote servers, there is no in house PBX etc.

REQUIRED SETUP: The vendor (Clarity Voice) says that the following ports need to be forwarded for access by their servers: 5060 and 5061 (TCP), 20000-40000 (UDP), 80, and 443. They also say to disable any SIP helpers (like most Voip phones). The ports need to be open for access by their servers either at 67.214.122.90-99 or 162.223.161.90-99

MY PROBLEM: I've been trying to setup NAT rules to forward these ports for each of the 6 static IP addresses, but it isn't working. The end result is phones ringing randomly or you can't transfer calls etc. So my question is how do I open the same ports for 6 different IP addresses?

I appreciate any ideas..... Thanks!

2frogs
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Forwarding ports for multiple Polycom IP phones

Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:50 am

You can't forward the same port to multiple IPs. I believe you are mistaken on the requirements. You should only need outgoing connections to those ports for the phones to establish a connection to hosted service. Only an self-hosted pbx would require forwarded ports.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:10 am

Sounds like this.....
https://clarityvoice.com/products/busin ... osted-pbx/

Certainly seems interesting, one has to have a type of phone that will talk VOIP or at least is supported.
I couldnt find any install instructions but concur this seems not like a huge port forwarding burden, that just sounds wrong.

fsmollinger
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:01 pm

You can't forward the same port to multiple IPs. I believe you are mistaken on the requirements. You should only need outgoing connections to those ports for the phones to establish a connection to hosted service. Only an self-hosted pbx would require forwarded ports.
ure

Thank you very much for the response, I learned from the vendor (who was withholding information) that you are correct. I just need to figure out how to open those ports to their servers ip address on my router. Thanks again.

fsmollinger
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:02 pm

Sounds like this.....
https://clarityvoice.com/products/busin ... osted-pbx/

Certainly seems interesting, one has to have a type of phone that will talk VOIP or at least is supported.
I couldnt find any install instructions but concur this seems not like a huge port forwarding burden, that just sounds wrong.
Thanks for the response and link

Fred

2frogs
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:16 am

If you are using the default firewall configuration, that should be all you need. Just be sure to disable the SIP helper. You can find it under IP>Firewall>Service Ports.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:54 am

The default firewall rules do not block LAN to WAN (internet traffic), so your phones should connect just fine. Perhaps you have to program the Providers IP addresses into the phones??