Community discussions

MikroTik App

ConnorEatwell
just joined
Topic Author

WLAN to Internet + to static IP on different subnet

Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:00 pm

Hi all,

This is probably very basic for the pros out there - I have a machine controlled by a soft PLC (Codesys) that I'd like to take to multiple sites with a Mikrotik RBwAP2nD used to provide wireless access to both the machine and the internet through the site's router, preferably through a handy dandy hostname.

The PLC has a static IP of 10.232.12.5 and is also configured as a DHCP client on the same interface. I've tried various configurations of bridges, NAT rules, port forwarding (Codesys requires a bunch of ports to be open for uploads/downloads and port 8080 for it's visualisation/control interface etc), DNS on the router, VLAN with both eth and wlan as trunks, and attempts at netmapping the sites' router to the mikrotik router to force the client to use the static table for forwarding on to the other subnet. My configuration currently is a mish mash and rehash of a basic WLAN-LAN bridge with some attempted src/dst nats in there.

Any suggestions on where to start or what the ideal setup would look like? I'm pretty new to this but have been digging and reading for a while now.

I've attached a drawing of my configuration which includes the required codesys ports.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.