Community discussions

MikroTik App

SergeS
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

More beginner's questions...

Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:35 pm

Continue to play with Dude, I really like it :-)!
More questions arise:
1) I have Synology NAS, and oid("1.3.6.1.4.1.6574.3.1.1.3.0") returns raid status as a number (from 1 to 22), but I would like to see it as a string, according to the table on the picture.
RaidStatus.PNG
How to convert this number to meaningful string? I have made my function, see second picture below, but array_element() I've used there does not accept more than 19 parameters (needed 21).
SynoRaidStatusFunc.PNG

2) Are there any manual on Dude's functions?

3) I had initially wrong time settings on Dude server, now I have corrected it, but some graphs get distorted, I believe due to wrong time set. How to reset all statistics (but save all settings!) to start all graphs from beginning?

4) How and where to look for documentation on oids for various devices, like Synology NASes, HP printers, and so on? For now I am browsing over Snmp Walk list, but it is like searching a diamond in huge keep of garbage. Even MIB files for Synology I have accidentally found somewhere does not help much... Are there any better way?

5) Are there any functionality to (periodically) send my network map and/or devices list as a report (image) over email?

6) Are there any possibility to have web-access for The Dude client? I see here https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:T ... Web_access it is possible, but on my setup (The Dude 6.49.2) Server tab does not exist, compare link with my screenshot. What is wrong with my setup?
SettingsTabs.PNG

Thanks to everybody who is willing to answer!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stmx38
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: More beginner's questions...

Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:30 pm

Hello, SergeS and welcome to the Dude community :)

Initially Dude was only for Windows and it was v2, v3 and v4. Now we have Dude v6 and documentation for the latest version is also marked with v6 prefix - https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Category:Dude

2) Are there any manual on Dude's functions?
Something can be found in the official documentation and on the forum and more in the presentations (Google).

3) I had initially wrong time settings on Dude server, now I have corrected it, but some graphs get distorted, I believe due to wrong time set. How to reset all statistics (but save all settings!) to start all graphs from beginning?
How to clear all The_Dude's history?

4) How and where to look for documentation on oids for various devices, like Synology NASes, HP printers, and so on? For now I am browsing over Snmp Walk list, but it is like searching a diamond in huge keep of garbage. Even MIB files for Synology I have accidentally found somewhere does not help much... Are there any better way?
Official documentation should be the best source, if not, we can use SNMP browsers as you did it already.
An example of official documentation usage: Dude - Monitoring Emerson Liebert cooling system

5) Are there any functionality to (periodically) send my network map and/or devices list as a report (image) over email?
Welcome to the Dude v6/v7 - Feature request list - Feature request - Sending Reports.

6) Are there any possibility to have web-access for The Dude client? I see here https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:T ... Web_access it is possible, but on my setup (The Dude 6.49.2) Server tab does not exist, compare link with my screenshot. What is wrong with my setup?
Your link is for Dude v3/v4. For Dude v6 Map can be accessed via Webfig and it is very limited comparing to the precedent versions.

Dude is a great tool with close integration with RouteOS. It has a lot of great future and also miss a lot of functionality, sometimes very basic.
We are all waiting Dude development restart and hope bugs will be fixed and new features added :)