Community discussions

MikroTik App

havokan
just joined
Topic Author

MikroTik Chateau 5G and extender TP-Link RE450 AC1750 connected but no internet.

Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:20 pm

Dear Forum,

Please help. Since I've stuck with this problem.

Biggest Latvian ISP provided new router MikroTik 5G in exchange of old TP-Link router, provided by them also.

So the main problem is, when I've had all my devices from TP-Link, I've could just click on button WPS on all my devices and it worked perfectly, but right now it cannot be done, since this feature are available if all devices are from one manufacturer.

Right now, MikroTik are pre-configured by ISP (ethernet ports, WLans, IP addresses, DHCP pool and DHCP server on it), but I've changed couple of things:

*Disabled MAC filtering

*Disabled Firewall (temporary)

*Disabled Access Control and Access Lists.

*TP-Link extenders were resetted before new topology.

* Mode were selected as extender not AP and done quick setup.

* After that, extender appeared with my SSID in WiFi list 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, but when I trying to connect to them, it tells "Connected, but no internet" - MikroTik recognizing the extender in pool and providing IP address.

** Extenders are working fine, with other AP.

Tried the hints from this articles, unfortunately didn't helped :

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/f ... pic/153009

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/f ... pic/198516

The Mikrotik working fine, all websites are working, when you are connecting directly without extender.

I will really appeciate any help, if you have encountered this kind of problem or similar.

Thank you in advance.

Rugx
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: MikroTik Chateau 5G and extender TP-Link RE450 AC1750 connected but no internet.

Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:28 am

Check if the clients through the extender are getting dhcp addresses from the MikroTik
Most likely the same case as here viewtopic.php?t=180789#p894181
Extenders etc.. should be from the same vendor

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: MikroTik Chateau 5G and extender TP-Link RE450 AC1750 connected but no internet.

Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:57 pm

RE450 (and other extenders) have a problem with the Mikrotik DHCP server. viewtopic.php?t=116963&hilit=re450#p733925

A lot of tests have been done. "The Mikrotik DHCP offer does not reach the client device behind the repeater. "

The only known workaround is to enable the DHCP server on the RE450, with the same subnet as the main AP, but a different pool. (AP handles some addresses, RE450 handles other addresses)
Once the IP address is assigned, everything else will work. Of course using a fixed IP address could also be a workaround.

After loading OpenWRT on the RE450, the problem remains the same. The "relayd" in OpenWRT couldn't solve it for the Mikrotik DHCP (in my tests).
https://forum.openwrt.org/t/re450-as-a-repeater/693
(Installed OpenWRT because the RE450 is using some uncontrolled channels in 'turbo' mode (different band out))