Community discussions

MikroTik App

TechintheDark
just joined
Topic Author

Gateway Route Hangup

Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:12 am

Hey all, I'm getting a really strange issue: when I add the gateway static route (so dest address 0.0.0.0/0 -> gateway IP) the router starts majorly dropping out. If I run a ping test while doing this before adding the route my pings are <1ms, but as soon as I add the route it starts dropping/timing out and when it does go through the pings are ~3000ms.

This is using Hyper-V and Cloud Hosted Router. I've tried several different versions and they all do it. There's even a currently functioning instance of the RouterOS (with the same resources and config in Hyper-V) that has to be replaced as we switched software providers because the old provider was having all kinds of issues. This is even from using a fresh download of the CHR and following the first time setup from the wiki to a tee, as well as trying to use the quick set via winbox. I even tried cloning the working instance, wiping it, and reconfiguring from there and it still does it.

Note: this happens regardless of whether the old instance is shutdown, so it's not conflicting with the new. Also, this is an ISP gateway, so WAN and LAN are both public IPs.
f
I feel like there's some simple setting that's the issue, but I have very little knowledge of the RouterOS and I wasn't able to figure out what was wrong or what was the difference between the old functioning.

I posted this in general, but thought it might be best to ask here as well. As far as I can tell it's not a virtualization issue as the router runs fine as long as that gateway isn't implemented.