Community discussions

MikroTik App

dave3
Topic Author

List of events / dhcpv6 lease

Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:47 am

Is there a list of events somewhere, that can be used for triggering a scheduled script?

Specifically, I'm looking for something that would tell me a dhcpv6 lease has been obtained, or even just renewed. It could even be for all dhcp leases / ipv4 & ipv6.

Otherwise, since it's time sensitive, I might have to have it run every 1 or 2 minutes. It seems like a waste of resources when it might only really need to run once a week.

dermawas
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: List of events / dhcpv6 lease

Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:48 am

Is there a list of events somewhere, that can be used for triggering a scheduled script?

Specifically, I'm looking for something that would tell me a dhcpv6 lease has been obtained, or even just renewed. It could even be for all dhcp leases / ipv4 & ipv6.

Otherwise, since it's time sensitive, I might have to have it run every 1 or 2 minutes. It seems like a waste of resources when it might only really need to run once a week.
you can try to add the script in DHCP server, go to the script tab like in the screenshot below
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:15 pm

And same for DCHPv6 client. It's definitely better to use lease scripts, rather than scripts run using scheduler. It's more efficient because it runs only when needed. And you get some bonus variables with interesting data (see manual).

dave3
Topic Author

Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:41 pm

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I see it under the "Advanced" tab, though.