Community discussions

MikroTik App

SergeS
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Are there any way to display some snmp-related information, but NOT on the network device label?

Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:54 am

I would like to see some information, retrieved from network devices, but displayed on the way is NOT associated with such devices.

Will try to explain on some examples:

1) I have two wifi access points, each of them has two bands, 2.4GHz and 5 GHz. I have setup labels of such access points to indicate number of clients (per band) registered currently with this AP. But I would like to see somewhere on the map (not on the labels of those APs!) total number of all wifi clients, for all bands and all access point.

2) I have one UPS for power backup for few network devices. This UPS does not have own IP, but it connects by USB cable to one of such devices, lets say to PC1, so I can pull snmp information related to UPS from PC1. But seems like not logical to display this information on the PC1's label, it is not only for that PC. So, I would like to see UPS-related information in some other, generic, area on the map.

Is this feasible?

stmx38
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Are there any way to display some snmp-related information, but NOT on the network device label?

Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:36 am

Some thoughts:
1. In case of CAPsMAN you probably can get the total number of clients.
2. Can we add a device wit the name UPC and with the IP of the PC and it should be transparent for you.

But related to your question - I'm not sure if it is possible to show results of the generic SNP queries to some IPs.