Community discussions

MikroTik App

frankvdb
just joined
Topic Author

Antenna for netmetal ac2

Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:30 pm

Inside my house I've a mesh network. It's an old farm with very thick walls. Last year I put one of the satellites in the backgarden (in a plastic box), to my surprise this works pretty well.

But a part of the side of the house has no coverage. About 10 meters of the house a garage starts where I've about 200 Mbpps speed. And at the back of the garage I've about 150 Mbbps. I consider buying a Mikrotek NetMetal AC2 and set it up as a wireless repeater with the same SSID and subnet as my mesh network. Or I will buy a new satellite within my current mesh family.

At the start of the garage the antenna should be omni directional (HGO-antenna-OUT?) and at the end a 180 degrees antenna (but it also beams towards the house). What kind of antenna/hardware do you suggest?

Thanks for reading and hopefully responding,
Frank

petrusc
just joined

Re: Antenna for netmetal ac2

Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:54 pm

Hi ,

I hope im not making a fool of myself but, with the netmetal ac HGO-antenna-OUT antennas will work.

Are you going to put two solutions or just the one with the netmetal?

If you want to beam 180 degree into a house a mANTBox 52 15s would be a good choice but not a good solution.

I normally build a link between houses or buildings with the necessary AP/AP's inside the house as needed.

But dificult to design without a floor plan for myself.

Hope this helps.